- Don't you want to carry forward the original and noble purpose of Harper Court?
- Wouldn't you prefer local merchants who give back to our neighborhood to large, impersonal chain stores who carryout cash?
- Isn't it generally true that developers are only interested in lining their own pockets?
- Are you against the high-handed way Alderman Preckwinkle has tried to block community input?
- Don't you want to keep rich Northsiders out of Hyde Park?
Respondents will also be asked to rate the importance of various attributes such as "space for impromptu meetings" and "banning chain stores" on a scale from "I will chain myself to a tree" to "I will toss a Molotov cocktail."
The web address for the survey is a closely held secret. To allow only "right-minded" NIMBYs to respond, the web address will be published in the Herald and posted in the East View Park laundry room. In addition, if you give the password, "swordfish," at the secret meeting room at Cosimo's restaurant, you can complete the survey on the Hans Memorial Mac.This post is based on "Harper Court Survey plans near completion" published in the February 13, 2008 edition of the Herald.